JCCIH is an active Chamber. We offer a forum to discuss governmental affairs, create opportunities for meaningful connection, educate members and community, and work to strengthen our local economy. JCCIH is 300 members strong and growing. Want to know who’s a member? Visit our directory.
10 Reasons to Join JCCIH
- Community Involvement – Be part of creating a sustainable island economy that improves our quality of life and protects the local business environment.
- Increase Visibility – Get exposure through our print and online directories, social events, social media, and website. New members are profiled in our Oshirase. Opportunities to advertise through JCCIH communication vehicles are available.
- Relationship Building – Opportunities to meet and network with fellow members. Promote yourself and your business while cultivating long-term relationships.
- Representation – We are a voice for our members, weighing in on issues that affect business on the local and state levels. We advocate for new businesses and industries that create jobs, increase competition and improve our island economy.
- Member Directory & Referrals – Access to a comprehensive membership database, making it easy to get in touch with other members. Advertising within the directory is available. As we receive requests for goods and services, we send them directly to our members.
- Resources & Assistance – We maintain business-related information and statistics, and make it available to those interested in helping the Chamber promote business and advocate on issues.
- Be Informed – Get the latest information on any and all regional and state issues.
- Discounts – Receive “Chamber Exclusive” discounts offered by members, for members.
- Economic Development – Whether you are a new member or have been around for years, all members share in efforts to grow markets and create a prosperous community.
- Lasting Friendships – Working with fellow members who share an interest in Japanese culture and improving our island economy and community can lead to life-long friendships.
Why should I join?
As a member, you will have the opportunity to help create a sustainable economic environment and improve the quality of life on Hawai‘i Island. Membership benefits include: networking opportunities, invitations to educational workshops and social mixers, inclusion in membership directory (online and printed), special discounts to local businesses, Oshirase eNewsletter, and subscription to Hawai‘i Business magazine.
Who can join?
Any person of good repute engaged in any business, profession, agriculture, industry, or is self-employed, or owns property within the County of Hawai‘i, or who is actively interested in the welfare and advancement of the Big Island is eligible for membership.
How do I join?
It’s easy to join the Japanese Chamber. Simply fill out a membership application. Once you’ve submitted, our Membership Chair will get in touch.
How long is membership valid for?
Membership is valid for one year.
When are JCCIH events? How do I sign up?
Please check our calendar for upcoming events. You can register and submit payment for many of our events online. Not all events are open to the general public.
Am I required to serve on a committee?
While it’s not required, we encourage you to take full advantage of your membership and serve on a committee.
I can’t always make the meetings or events. Can I still be a member?
Absolutely. Attend when you can. Join us and be part of a community making this happen!